Cylinders for diving
A superior alloy makes a superior aluminum scuba tank. Luxfer Gas Cylinders offers a broad range of high-pressure aluminum scuba cylinders, as well as the world’s only hoop-wrapped composite scuba cylinders.
More than 50 years ago, Luxfer developed the world’s first aluminum scuba cylinder in collaboration with the legendary Jacques-Yves Cousteau, inventor of the original Aqua Lung®*1 equipment that revolutionized underwater diving.
The Luxfer advantage
- Proprietary L6X® alloy, a specially balanced aluminum-magnesium-silicon formula exclusive to Luxfer.
- Luxfer scuba cylinders are manufactured to meet or exceed all recognized international standards.
- Nitrox-ready—All new Luxfer scuba cylinders are prepared at the factory to be suitable for use with oxygen-enriched breathing mixtures.*2
- Luxfer scuba cylinders are cycle-tested in excess of 100,000 cycles at service pressure.
- Minimum burst pressure tested to 2.5 times service pressure without failure.
- Corrosion-resistant interior and exterior—unlike corrosion-prone steel tanks.
- Consistent weight.
- Thick, damage-resistant walls.
- Available in various painted and unpainted finishes.
1 Aqua-Lung, Aqua Lung and Aqualung are registered trademarks of Aqua Lung International and Aqua Lung America, divisions of Air Liquide. Co-inventor of the original Aqua-Lung was Emile Gagnan.
2 It is the responsibility of the cylinder owner to maintain Nitrox suitability by keeping the cylinder cleaned and prepared for use with oxygen and oxygen-rich gas blends in accordance with regulations in effect in the country in which the cylinder is being used and by using only oxygen-compatible components with Luxfer cylinders in oxygen and oxygen-enriched applications.