Luxfer offers a broad range of aluminum cylinders for containment of CO2 (carbon dioxide) and related gas blends, including the C050, the world’s largLearn more
CO2 and beverage cylinders
Luxfer was the first company to manufacture cold-extruded aluminum CO2 cylinders for beverage service. Clean, corrosion-resistant, lightweight Luxfer cylinders remain the ideal choice for commercial dispensing beers, lagers, ciders, stouts and carbonated soft drinks, as well as for use in “kegerators” and other home-dispensing devices. With an unmatched record for safety and performance, Luxfer CO2 cylinders have been providing unsurpassed beverage service to users around the globe for more than 50 years.
Luxfer beverage cylinders offer the following advantages:
- Cylinders are made from Luxfer’s exclusive L6X® alloy, a proprietary version of 6061-T6 specially optimized by Luxfer metallurgists to improve its durability, fracture toughness and resistance to tearing and cracking. More than 40 million L6X cylinders in service around the world have an exemplary record for safety and dependability.
- Highly corrosion-resistant interior and exterior—ideal for wet gases
- World’s largest-capacity CO2 beverage cylinder (50 cu.ft. /23 kg).
- Cylinders perform well at low temperatures.
- Thick, consistent walls resist damage.
- Brushed external surface provides a low-maintenance finish.
- Cylinders meet or exceed all regulatory standards worldwide.
- Cylinders cycle-tested in excess of 100,000 cycles at service pressure.
- CO2 is used as a shield gas in MIG/MAG welding, protecting the weld-puddle from oxidation from surrounding air.
- Cold sterilization of medical instruments using a mixture of 90% carbon dioxide and 10% ethylene oxide.
- CO2 added to oxygen as a respiration stimulant.
- Carboxytherapy, a cosmetic treatment for skin conditions such as stretch marks, dark circles under eyes and post-liposuction lumps.
- Luxfer cylinders are also used to contain nitrous oxide used in dental applications.
- Enriching air in greenhouses to increase plant growth
- Hydroponic farming applications.
Luxfer offers a broad range of aluminum cylinders for containment of CO2 (carbon dioxide) and related gas blends, including the C050, the world’s largest-capacity CO2 cylinder (50 cu.ft / 23kg)